Thursday, November 22, 2007

Jessica - "What I'm Thankful for" 2007

I'm thankful that I'm feeling better. Even though I still devour Critical Care so I feel good, it's nice to not have my teeth hurting me anymore. I've heard Mama talk about getting my peg teeth out - the two little teeth on the top have grown back - but she's assured me that it won't be as bad as when I got all of my front teeth out. (Dr. Ladd, who I tolerate, will do it, so we don't have to go to Purdue, either.)

I'm thankful for papaya, both dried and regular. Mama got me some fresh papaya when we came home from my surgery. I didn't know what it was at first, but I soon figured it out.

I'm thankful that I've learned how to use my lips for stuff, like picking up oatmeal so I can eat it. I used my front teeth for so much, so I've had to adapt. Mama tells me that people have to adapt to stuff sometimes, too, so I don't feel bad about it.

I'm thankful that I got to meet my Great-Grammies when we went to Grampy's house. Mama told me that my middle name was Grammy's name, and I'm sad that I never got to meet her.

Jessica

No comments: