Monday, December 10, 2007

New Foster Bun Afoot

Kristie, my lovely black and white foster bun, goes to Petco this week (likely this coming Sat.) to await a forever home. I drove down to Indianapolis yesterday to pick up a new foster bun for me and one for another foster mom. My new girl is Nadia, named after Nadia Comaneci (I disagree with the Romanization of her name on Wikipedia, where this spelling came from), the Russian gymnast, after her spectacular back flip into her litter box when she was first rescued. She's a black and white Dutch, though her markings aren't up to par for the show world. She has a few behaviorial problems that we'll be working through - she likes to box at you - so it'll be a while before she's ready to go to Petco to await a good home.

Thumbelina, a little gray/tan Netherland Dwarf, will go to Petco when Lane gets adopted. Kristie was going to fill Lane's spot, but a bun at a different Petco (Andie) is getting adopted first. I'll still get to see my Kristie-Doodle, as I call her, when I volunteer at the other Petco. I'll be taking pics of Kristie this week and will post them. I'll take some of Nadia, too, if she cooperates :-) And pics of PJ, since he's not on here yet, either.

Mama

No comments: