Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mama - "What I'm Thankful for"

I'm thankful for the two wonderful little creatures that fill my life with laughter and love - Calvin Parsley and Jessica Donna. I'm thankful when they mob me for treats, when they're stretched out under the coffee table, when they're cuddled up to me for a head rub. I'm thankful that they like at least some sort of music that I do, even if it's not Genesis or the Who.

I'm thankful that Red Door, the shelter where I adopted them from, is moving to a bigger location so they can help more rabbits, cats, and dogs find new forever homes.

I'm thankful for my parents, my grandparents, and all of my family and friends. I'm thankful for my new place, 2 floors of bliss and very quiet neighbors.

There's so much to be thankful for, but I'll leave the list as it is.

When shopping this holiday season, please remember homeless animals and donate something to a local shelter - money, supplies, or time. And animals are fellow creatures, not presents, and require time, love, and a commitment.

Mama

No comments: