Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Necessity of Carrots

Last night, I had forgotten to get out a carrot when preparing the buns' salad. I didn't realize it until I was carrying their bowls to their house. I thought "Oh, well, they can live without carrot for one night."

I put the bowls into their house. Calvin snags some dill and starts eating right away, but Jessica sniffs around, looking for carrots. (I usually hand her the carrot half that is hers.) Now, sometimes I run out of carrots, but Jess hasn't acted like this when that happens. Somehow she knew I had carrots but was too lazy to add one to the salad when I realized I forgot. Well, she looks at me, sniffs at me, then gives me this sorry expression that says, "What, no carrot? Wasn't I a good bunny girl? I was cute and lovable all day, and I don't get a carrot?"

So, I go back to the fridge, get out a carrot, wash it off, and break it in two. Jess was there, waiting for me, to take her half and start munching away, eventually running down to the first floor of their house to continue eating it.

I have a feeling that if they'd have been human and me a chef at a restaurant, Jess would have sent the meal back to the kitchen, with Calvin eating off the plate as the waiter carried it off.

They have me trained so well, don't they? :-)

Mama

No comments: